Don’t worry about anything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Jesus Christ. – Philippians 4:6-7
About Mary Jo
Mary Jo is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER® (CFP®) and Wealth Advisor serving the Houston and Corpus Christi areas. She is a native Texan and graduate of Texas A&M University at Corpus Christi. She and her husband Mike live in Missouri City near Houston, TX. They love spending time on the water in and around Rockport, TX, their home away from home. They attend New Hope Church near Houston and First Presbyterian Church in Rockport.
Mary Jo has over 20 years of experience in the investment industry and has been a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER® (CFP®) since 2004, allowing her to bring extensive experience in designing financial strategies for individuals, families, and small business owners. Prior to joining CIS Wealth Management Group, Mary Jo served clients in several corporate settings gaining experience in complex financial planning scenarios, retirement planning processes, income strategies, and wealth management issues.
Mary Jo’s mission is to provide affordable, financial planning services to young families, small business owners, and professionals who are committed to creating a financially fit future. She loves helping people through the maze of decisions that they may face regarding investments and retirement planning. Mary Jo enjoys working with people who are motivated to become better stewards of their family’s resources.
If you are in the Houston area, call 832-780-9143 or Corpus Christi area, call 361-238-0023 to speak with Mary Jo for your complimentary initial consultation.
A Little More About Mary Jo
- Over 35 years of professional experience
- A CFP® practitioner since 2004
- Current host of the podcast, “Christian Financial Perspectives Podcast“
- Holds TX Insurance Licenses in Variable, Life & Health, and LTC
- Passionate about planning for the unexpected, especially with the rising cost of healthcare
- Active volunteer with the Alzheimer’s Association Fort Bend Chapter, The Fort Bend Literacy Council, and the Houston Food Bank
- Current board member of the Key Allegro Condo Association in Rockport, TX
* Mary Jo Lyons offers advisory services through Christian Investment Advisors, a Registered Investment Advisor and is not affiliated with Cetera Advisor Networks LLC.
Favorite MovieSecondhand Lions
Favorite Sports TeamHouston Astros
Favorite BookI haven’t found it yet. I’m an avid reader and still looking for the one I can call my favorite.
Mary Jo’s Top 3 Favorite Places
I love the laid-back, coastal town feel, the many shore birds and the majestic wind swept oak trees that make it an artists haven.
I love the golden glow of the marsh grass, the smell of the pluff mud and enjoy watching the many egrets and herons that call it home.
The food, the history, the art, the landscapes, the people – can’t wait to go back!