Churches and Ministries that you love have many more ways to further their mission in the community and beyond, but they may be in need of more funds to carry them forward!
How Does It Work?
Many of you would like to help your favorite ministry more, but you also need your retirement nest egg and savings for living expenses. The Charitable Gift Annuity (CGA) is a solution for both you and your favorite ministries that many charities have been using for years. The Charitable Gift Annuity is a way for you to make a gift of cash or stocks to a qualified charity, such as a church or ministry, and in return, receive a partial tax deduction and fixed income payments for life.
What If You Could…
- Help your favorite ministry further its mission?
- Possibly increase your retirement income for your lifetime(s) using a portion of your assets like stocks, bonds, cash, CD’s and non-income producing real estate?
- Receive multiple tax benefits?
Advantages Of Using A Charitable Gift Annuity
Example of a CGA
Betty Smith, single, age 75
- $100,000 immediate lifetime Charitable Gift Annuity
- 5.8% tax advantaged annual payout for life (based on life expectancy)
- $44,262 Charitable Tax deduction
- $24,270 immediate gift for her church and/or favorite ministry
* This example would also apply to a single male, age 75, as well
** This is a hypothetical illustration and actual results may vary, as individual circumstances will be different in each case. For tax advice, please consult your tax professional.
Set up an appointment with one of our advisors today to learn more about Charitable Gift Annuities and their benefits for both you and your favorite ministry!
* Charitable Gift Annuities offered by the National Christian Foundation may be re-insured through a fixed insurance annuity product utilizing Charitable Solutions, LLC to obtain competitive quotes through commercial fixed annuity carriers. This re-insurance may be placed directly with the insurance companies or through national annuity brokers. While these annuities provide a lifetime annuity payment, only donors who do not need access to the principal balance being gifted should consider a Charitable Gift Annuity (CGA) since it is irrevocable. The lifetime annuity payment is only guaranteed based on the claims paying ability of the underlying fixed annuity company. When a CGA is executed the rate and income amount are permanently established for life. Donors should be advised that under the terms of a CGA contract this amount may not be changed or renegotiated. All payments are the responsibility of the charitable organization and/or insurance company and care should be taken to ensure the contractual obligation with the Donor is met. Regulation and government oversight of CGA’s varies from state to state. You should consult with legal and tax professionals before entering into a CGA. Christian Investment Advisors, Inc. DBA CIS Wealth Management Group is a separate and unrelated entity of the National Christian Foundation.
** The Insurance Agent will ensure that concentration levels in a CGA are appropriate for given objectives and goals