The rise of automated “robo-investment” platforms—online services that use software programs to determine the user’s investment style and computer algorithms to manage and rebalance investment portfolios—have many investors wondering if this approach may be right for them.
For certain investors, including young people just beginning to save, automated investment platforms can offer a lower-cost alternative to working with a full-service wealth advisor.
However, it’s important for investors to understand that many of the core services they rely on from an experienced wealth advisor are typically not offered on automated platforms including:
- Comprehensive financial planning aligning financial strategies and life goals
- Holistic approach to tax, insurance, retirement, and estate planning
- Active portfolio management focused on managing risk vs simply mirroring an index
- Risk management/asset protection strategies extending beyond investment planning
- Access to a full array of investment products and financial solutions including insurance, mortgage banking, business-owner retirement plans, and alternative investments
- Advanced planning strategies for managing cash flow, debt reduction, retirement income, Social Security claiming, executive compensation, & business and estate planning
- Personalized financial education and advice
- Coordination and implementation of advice from all your professional advisors such as your CPA, attorney, and insurance agent
Clients that work with us benefit from our experience as independent wealth advisors because we build unique and personalized strategies based on our clients’ goals.
We can do this because we take the time to get to know you as a person, not an account number, and understand your current situation, goals, and aspirations.
We can help you develop a comprehensive, long-term action plan to pursue your specific objectives; monitor progress toward your goals; and provide the proactive advice and guidance that leads to the outcomes you and your family desire.
To learn more about how we will place your needs first, give us a call at 830-609-6986.
* This communication is designed to provide accurate and authoritative information on the subjects covered. It is not, however, intended to provide specific legal, tax, or other professional advice. For specific professional assistance, the services of an appropriate professional should be sought.